Ways you can join us to give back to our community.
We are excited about our new service and mission project helping build a house! As we begin you have the chance to meet others who are involved, see the site of the house, and join in prayer for this new adventure.
Sunday, September 29 from 1:30-2:15 pm will be the “kick-off” at the Project site at 7th and Plymouth St. (497 S. 7th). Plan on coming to see what’s happening.
Keep an eye out in the local paper for the photo and article featuring the Habitat project and the pastors breaking ground with the golden shovel.
A Chili Cook-Off is scheduled for October 12 at First Lutheran Church. 4:30 to 6:30. Tickets are $8 for adults and $4 for children.
Check out these Newspaper articles:THE CHRONICLE NEWSPAPER 9/29/19: Churches partner for Habitat for Humanity
CHANNEL 8 NEWS COVERAGE 9/29/19: Churches, Habitat for Humanity break ground on St. Helens homes
Plymouth Presbyterian Church Supports this organization through volunteers and donations of butter and funding. We sponsor a "Butter Shower" on a regular basis to collect butter for the cause. If you would like to volunteer to work at Community Meals with the Plymouth Volunteers or if you would like to make a donation contact Gina Harrington or Linda Dunn.
Community Meals Website
Serving meals: Tuesdays and Thursdays year-round
Stewardship is accomplished in many ways...
1. Monetary giving. Place your gift in the collections basket or contact Fran Pickering. Be sure to indicate your preference as to how you want the donation applied.
2. Sweep the sidewalk before Sunday Morning Church
3. Open the Blinds before Sunday Morning Church
4. Mowing - trim work
5. Wash windows
6. Weed flower beds
7. Volunteer as Lay Leader
8. Volunteer to host or help host Coffee Hour
9. Volunteer on a work project, See Blg. & Grounds Chair, Ken Anderson, for more information.
10. Help on a committee - click on "Session page" in the navigation bar find a committee.
A big thank you to all those who give so often and so much!